Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Kids Alphabet Books

So I have an opinion on kids Alphabet books.
You're trying to teach your kids certain letters that are associated with a certain word...
Example:
A is for Apple
B is for Ball
and so on.
Then you get letters that are as such:
G is for Gorilla..Which 90% of the time your child says monkey..G is for monkey
I is for Igloo.. My son says.. I is for Castle.
J is for Jacks.. My son says.. J is for star..because the Jack looks like a star.
 Then the always famous..Q is for Quilt..What does my son say? Q is for blanket, of course.
Yes my son is only 3 years old.
But I feel like they should have letters associated with things that age should know. Or know that monkey is first in their vocabulary.. not gorilla.
Does anyone know of a good book or flash cards that are more modern?
Or a book that I can try and use with my 3 year old?


No comments:

Post a Comment