Friday, August 24, 2012

You can be anything you want to be

Do you remember being a little kid?
You had all these crazy dreams.
You wanted to be an astronaut or a sports star or a ballerina.
You want to be a Super hero, like Spiderman or Captain America or a movie star.

You dream BIG.
You know no limits.
Everything and anything is possible.
You love life.
You’re happy and carefree.
Your parents tell you you can be anything you set your mind to.
So you decide..
OK:) with a smile from ear to ear..
I am going to learn how to fly!!
Then as time passes life happens and you start to become a little older and a little wiser..
You realize,
Ok.. is what I really want reachable?
So you start to doubt yourself and question your self worth.
You put negative thoughts in place of those wishes that use to be dreams.
But you decide that THIS is what I want and I KNOW I can do it.
People start to doubt you too.
Your parents start to put in place the reality that maybe you wont be a super hero and no , you cant fly.
But something inside of you says..
But I can be anything I want to be right?
So you set your mind on being a pilot..
Its this part of the road where it comes to the fork..
Turn left and that’s the road less traveled. People doubt you. Days aren’t always easy and times do get rough. You have to work hard and never give up. You lose friends along the way because they don’t understand the passion you have to push towards living your dreams.
You have to study hard and even when you feel like giving up, you just keep going!!!
Now if you take a right at the fork, this is the easy road.
A lot of people are on this path.
Its easy. Its fun.You live for nothing but the current moment.
Life is easy because no one thinks you’re trying to be greater than them. You’re just like everyone else.
Nothing ever changes and the days are always the same. But its easy. You’re in your comfort zone. So you stick with it… but at this turn you will never reach your dream. Every day you always wonder what if? or what might have been.
So right now, present day, you’re standing at the fork in the road…
Are you going to let your dreams become a reality?
Or are you going to sit back and let people make your mind up for you?
As little kids we are pure. We are innocent. We believe anything is possible. Even when We are scared  we just find another way.
Then life happens. Hardships happen. We lose focus. What once was a little boy or girl fantasy, is now so distant its impossible.
But that’s where we are wrong.
WE CAN DO ANYTHING!!!
If we want something bad enough we will reach it.
Its so hard to get out of routine. Its what we know, its easy, its comfort.
The unknown is scary.
The thing is though, If we looked at things like we did as a child, maybe things wouldn’t be scary , but intriguing!
That’s what you have to do.
CHANGE your current way of thinking. Look inside yourself, to that inner child, and be brave, care free, and live your dreams. No matter what people do to try and keep you on their level.
You can be great.
Let yourself be your guide.
YOU CAN BE ANYTHING YOU WANT TO BE.
Now you just have to find the willpower to keep you moving and to get you there!
Stay focused.
Write down what it is that you really want in life.
Dont let the negative people get you down.. they will try.. but dont let them.
This is your life..OWN it!
You are beautiful
No matter what you are experiencing right now.. I promise things get better..
Things happen for a reason.. even if they aren't clear in the beginning.
The best thing I ever did..
Was write a letter to myself..
I told my self the reasons I loved myself.
Im not normally a person who does this sort of thing.
Im always so worried about making everyone else happy that I forget to think of myself.
But I wrote this letter when I was at my lowest point in my life..
It is because of this letter..that I read everyday because I posted it on my mirror, that gave me courage Everyday to push forward..
You can do this too!
I wish you only the best this world has to offer..
You deserve it..
Be strong
You can be anything you want to be

No comments:

Post a Comment