Saturday, September 1, 2012

Anything in life worth having takes great challenge to achieve it

I believe that anything in life worth having takes great challenge to have it or achieve it.
Im not one of those people who are just lucky, quite frankly I consider myself pretty unlucky.
Things just dont fall at my feet.
Anything I have, I had to work hard for, even if its just my dignity.
My dad use to say, it builds character.
 I use to tell him," Dad, I'm going to have so much character that I'm just going to be bitter."
But he was right.
I look at all the challenges I've had to over come and I look at each one as stepping stones to something great that lies a head.
I dont regret anything Ive experienced because everything that happens , happens for a reason, even if the reason doesnt show its self right away.
Everything a person goes through gives them knowledge.
It gives them strength.
Like the saying goes, What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Some people are pushed to there breaking point.
This is when your true character comes out..
You can either let life get the best of you, you can become negative and ugly, or you can keep your head up and welcome all the beautiful things life has to offer as well.
If we didnt know sadness and pain, then how could we recognize and appreciate true happiness and love.
Negativity and misery are like a parasite or a virus, it needs a host to survive. The more it feeds on, the more it thrives.
But the same goes for beauty and love they are like a wild fire, the more you nourish it and nurture it and give it things to breed and grow, the faster it takes over things and consumes them.
So which would you rather be infected by?
If both negativity and beauty takes fertilization, which would you rather spend your life contributing too?
This isnt a  easy choice, sadly.
The people in the negativity circle will have to leave behind habits, friends,a way of life.
To some people, this is all they know. They think that this way of life is all there is.
This is their  reality.
To them, love and beauty and happiness only exists in fairy tales.
But This is a personal choice.
This isnt about pleasing everyone or making everyone else happy. 
This is about what DO YOU want.
Do you want to live the rest of you life being sad and miserable?
Always making up excuses for things that dont go your way?
Some times staying positive and trying to stay happy is like swimming in the middle of the ocean barely staying afloat  .
Its not easy.
But in the end its worth it, because with time you will eventually have other people around you that feed off of positive energy. They want to be better and want you to be better too.
This can be a way of life for you too.
You can have anything in life you want. 
You can achieve greatness

No comments:

Post a Comment